Thursday, February 7, 2008

MI vs. NY

So I have been in the process the last couple of weeks changing my residency to New York State. If you can avoid changing states at any point in your life, do it. Here is a list of what I had to do:

1st: At the DMV turn over Michigan license (so cute!) and register for a new New York one (bad, they didn't tell me when they were taking the picture)
2nd: Obtain insurance for NY. This was a real pain it took three phone calls, after I did insurance online to get something that said New York State on it.
3rd: Go back to the DMV and switch over title and registration.
4th: Get an inspection on your car within ten days.
5th: Figure out how to mount a front plate to the front of my car.

Ugh



On the other hand I didn't have to deal with a solid Michigan snow storm last week.

And now for something completely different:
Antiques Road Show is my new favorite TV show. I love the stories, the suspense and the surprise. And all the old ladies tickled pink over their tea sets.

1 comment:

Misty said...

You're in official New Yorker.

It makes me kinda sad.