Tuesday, August 12, 2008

There was a factory, Now there are mountians and rivers

I listen to NPR a few hours everyday at work. I like Diane Rehm, she is a pro. Today they were talking about student loans and a caller ended up sobbing on air over his financial troubles. I had to turn it off it was so depressing. I get sad about my student loans sometimes, but I know how lucky I am to have as little as I do. I would never be driven to sobs on the Diane Rehm show.

Also NPR related: I don't think it's my Michigan bias, but quite a lot of callers from my home state.

We have been watching the Olympics like the rest of the world. Swimming is a lot more fun to watch with a swimmer.

We bought a converter box for our TV. The picture is really clear...when it comes through right. ABC and CBS are good, but NBC is super finicky. We spent about half an hour getting a good picture to watch some diving.

I think I am finally getting used to the regular gym visits (only took two months). There are so many weirdos at the Y. I got so used to the GVSU workout facility where we all could have come from the same dutch family. Our Y includes:
- a guy who wears a horrible toupee while lifting, seriously doll hair
- a fairly old man who doesn't notice his shorts are really really falling down his backside
- a horrible grunting man, several times I have thought he was having some sort of medical emergency
- a guy who works out in belted pleated khakis and a black button up short sleeved shirt, and a walkman

We finally made it to camp this weekend. So good. It was great to see friends again. Weather was on our side on Saturday, we enjoyed a beautiful canoe ride to the outlet and a nice time on the raft. Dinner was delicious in Wells. Melodies was good for beer and some Olympic viewing. It was pouring and chilly when we left on Sunday, it's easier to leave when it's raining.

No comments: