Wednesday, August 27, 2008

You wanna hear some blues?

You may know that I really enjoy guacamole. We have made lots of guac lately and it rocks. I think I may have mastered the art of picking out just the right avocados. Not too swishy, just just swishy enough.

John Mayer was pretty great. It was the only big concert Brian and I went to this summer and we both agreed we picked the right one to attend. The weather was totally on our side, it was a beautiful night. We even ran into one of my favorite Fowler campers. At SPAC we usually run into campers, but that will probably happen less and less as the summers go by.

I forgot to mention last weekend we also volunteered on a Habitat for Humanity house. I had done this a couple times before in Michigan with my youth group, but it was a first for Brian. This site was a little more unorganized than the ones I had been on previously. Basically it was a bunch of retired men in charge, so there was no rush. Then some people came who really didn't want to do much of anything. When they requested more people to get onto the roof to nail, I looked around at a bunch of grown people staring at their feet and figured it was time to get up there. I actually really like working on the roof, I thought it would be scary, but it wasn't so bad. Overall it was a great experience and I think we should do it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother and his girlfriend went to the John Mayer concert also! However, you probably wouldn't have recognized him since:
a) he's about 2 ft taller than when you saw him last
and
b) SPAC was probably a mob scene!

Glad you guys had fun!
~Meg