Monday, May 5, 2008

Do do do

We attended our first wedding of the summer last friday. It was a very nice ceremony and a really great reception. Brian got to see a lot of his old swimming friends so that was good. The weird thing that I noticed during the wedding was that god, or the bible, or anything religios was not touched on at all. All the weddings I have ever attended they at least read some Corintians or something.

I cannot wait for the summer to start. Brian will finally have some free time and there are so many things we can do in Albany in the summer. In GR I did always feel limited to my choices for things to do. My friends and I saw a lot of movies.

This weekend I watched The Business of Being Born -



http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/

Synopsis: "The film interlaces intimate birth stories with surprising historical, political and scientific insights and shocking statistics about the current maternity care system. When director Epstein discovers she is pregnant during the making of the film, the journey becomes even more personal.

Should most births be viewed as a natural life process, or should every delivery be treated as a potentially catastrophic medical emergency?"

Anyway this movie kind of blew my mind and even though I will not be having a baby for a long long time, I will definetly keep the points that they made in mind. In America having a mid wife seems like nutty thing, but America also has the second worst infant mortality rates out of the develped countries. I would really recomend this movie.

No comments: