Friday, May 30, 2008

And... I'm spent

So Brian and I finally signed up for the YMCA. We have been planning to join for months now. When you join the Y you can meet with a fitness instructor for free. This seemed like a good idea until he asked what I wanted to get out of working out.
"Um I just want to be in better shape..yeah."
I felt pretty awkward talking about fitness but the guy had really good advice and showed us the proper way to use everything and in what order we should go. Apparently strength training comes before cardio. I can honestly say I have never worked out so much in my life. When we do our strength training it takes a good hour and a half to get everything in. I've never stayed at the gym that long.

Last weekend I went to the Jersey Shore with Anna and Rachel and a bunch of Anna's friends for her birthday. I wasn't sure it would be my deal and it wasn't really. I liked the beach and hanging out but the giant packed club with super expensive drinks, not so much. Anna was hilarious though :)

My own birthday is coming up. I don't have much planned other than a giant birthday margarita at Bombers.

There is a dedication for the new dining hall at Fowler this weekend. I'm really looking forward to seeing camp again. It's too bad we really don't have time to volunteer for a whole week this summer. I know other summers will come, but I'm still sad not to spend more time there. Hopefully we can make a couple weekend visits. Rain is predicted for the dedication day. When I think back to weekends at camp it rained a lot.

1 comment:

Misty said...

When you said Jersey Shore, I instantly thought of the MTV True Life episode. Did you see lots of tan Italian meat heats? Oh I hope so!!

I plan on joining a gym too soon and getting a fitness test, ugh I'm sure I'll fail. I mean who spends 2 hours at the gym?!

I miss you. Its sad you wont be here for your birthday...