Thursday, May 15, 2008

I've got a crush...

Words cannot describe my feelings when I discovered that Obama would be visiting Grand Rapids.

Urgh. I was not a happy camper, that is for sure.

Like the dork that I am I actually thought about this kind of thing happening when I moved. By living in Grand Rapids, Michigan I have been lucky enough to attend rallies for Al Gore, Kerry and see President Bush. I also saw Bob Dole's running mate. His name escapes me, but I remember he threw a football. I really enjoyed being a part of these big rallies. It's very exciting especially when you are rooting for whoever is there.

On Tuesday I got on the Internet at work as I always do and it took about five minutes to discover that Obama would be having a rally at the arena. I pretty much flipped out. Ugh, how am I missing this? I love Obama! Brian and I discussed him in the summer of 2005, we have been fans for a long time. Soon it seems that everyone I know was posting on facebook that they were attending.

Then on Wednesday to my horror I find out that this will be the event that Edwards endorses Obama at. Sadness.

Oh well.

I don't think they will be coming here...


Taken in GR :(

No comments: