Tuesday, April 22, 2008

That's what she said

So last Friday it was the first really nice day that felt like it could be summer. I got home and decided to sit on our back porch and read. I got all ready and walked out to settle down. As soon as I exited out back door I saw about three huge bees and two wasps. If you have ever been in my presence while a bee is near, you know that these are not my favorite creatures. Anything with black and yellow stripes that flies is not my friend. In the sixth grade I was yelling and running around on the playground when a bee flew right in my mouth and stung my tongue. A couple years ago I was stung waiting for the bus to campus and my hand was painfully swelled through two classes.

On my tongue! Who could blame me for hating them?

Needless to say the bees right outside my door are soooo not cool. I jumped right back in and watched as bees and wasps flew around our place all afternoon. I now have come to the conclusion that they are either hiving on the roof (we are on the top floor) or in the eves right above our back stairs. Now I can't even enter up the back. I become paralyzed with fear when they get close to me. And the bees are so so big! I never saw any so large in Michigan. They are the size of one of my fingers in width and more than a quarter in length.

I opened my window today at work for the first time. The breeze felt so nice and cool.

And then a bee flew in. Just as I was flipping out, it found it's way out the window. I can never enjoy the breeze again.

Along with the bees of summer, come my least favorite piece of apparel - the culotte or gaucho. Every girl around the GV campus would rock a pair of culottes with her flip flops and sun glasses. Seriously I just saw my first culotte of the season at the bank and I hate them so much.

No comments: