Thursday, April 3, 2008

New things

So since I last posted I fell into a big-feeling-sorry-for-myself couple of weeks. At the Office of Mental Health they had informed us months ago that they would be keeping two or three of us four temps past the end date, which was March 31st. They did not let us know who was saying or going until around March 19th, giving us booted temps less than two weeks to find new employment. Well they decided to keep Dumb and Dumber (Horrible Helen and Tyler). They told Jen and I that there wasn't really a good reason for the choice and we had been great workers, etc. More than anything this angered us because it felt like the stupid people won. Anyway I was flipping my shit for a number of days.

I went on two interviews in one day and a day after that got an offer for a job. Today is my second day on the new job. After all my worry, I got really lucky and can't complain at all about what happened to me. As Tyler put it, I was the luckiest of all the temps. I am not temping anymore and have health insurance = a win for Sandy over Horrible Helen. I will never have to see her again. Thank God.

The new place is good so far. These guys are total computer nerds but super nice.

Sandy moment story:

I have on occasion what I call "Sandy moments". The last one that took the cake was when I turned off my car while still in drive. When I went to leave I thought my car was broke. Nicole and I took the bus home in the cold without jackets. Then I called my dad to help me, and he figured it out in two seconds.

This new one had way more drama. We were leaving for Buffalo that evening so Brian and I wanted to get out the door quick. I was hurrying home from work, holding groceries, my lunch bag, mail, purse, and file folder w/ all tax info as I walked up the stairs to get into my apartment. I stopped at the door to get in and my key would not turn for some reason. I dropped everything but my purse and ran to the back entrance of the building get into our back door instead. I got in fine and opened the door. All my stuff was gone!

I was freaking out, I questioned the girl next door and called the police. I was looking up stolen identity stuff (you need a police report to file for a credit freeze), and calling netflix since the discs were in the mail pile. Brian came home and he called his parents to let them know what was going on. He got a call back from them a second later and he walked out the the apartment. He came back with everything I thought I had lost. Hurray, nothing was stolen!

What did I do wrong? I walked up to the second floor and tried to get into the wrong apartment, we live on the third floor. Then I got in my apartment and thought everything had been taken. So I wasted an hour of my life, had to cancel the police, and hang my head in shame. So yeah, that's a Sandy moment for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! wow sandy, quite impressive. Thanks for the laugh

Misty said...

God Sandy that is priceless!! I'm telling Nicole.
I hope my job search is as successful as your's was.