Monday, April 21, 2008

Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!

We went down to the city for 24 hours and had a good time. On the subway I saw a girl wearing glasses without lenses. I have always had a real problem with people who wear glasses as a fasion statement. I had to get glasses when I was six and felt it was my cross to bear everyday. Being called four-eyes is not a thing to aim for.




Bill Nye is back! I loved his science show as a kid (maybe later than that as well) He wrote an article about his green living. Some great Bill quotes from the article:

"I drink my lemonade in a beaker. "
"I like to carry a pocketknife that’s small enough that they let me take it through airport security. It was given to me by the actor Bob Picardo, who is on “Stargate,” and his wife. It’s shaped like a baseball bat. It’s freakin’ cool. "
"I love swing dancing. I go two nights a week, often four. The big thing you wear is swing pants. They are high-waisted and baggy. You also wear short-sleeved shirts and special shoes. "
"My neighbor has lived here since 1947. She is 82 and charming. Quite often on Sundays we sit on her back porch and eat scones that I make."

What a nice guy. I had a feeling he was a nice guy. Article link below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/20/magazine/20wwln-domains-t.html?ex=1366257600&en=4b92d379b0618ae9&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

No comments: