Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter Break: sorta

Christmas is almost here. At work I actually received a couple gifts from co-workers who make a lot more than me working for the state. Of course others gave out gifts and excluded the lowly temps who have only been here a month or so.

Horrible Helen has latched onto me (more accurately my car) and now doesn't even bother to ask for rides home. I guess she figures the one day she asked counted for all the following. So she is becoming a little more bearable, mostly due to the fact that I can tune her out easily (a skill mastered growing up with a hyper-verbal younger brother). The woman is now repeating all the stories she told Tyler in the first week to the rest of us.

I will be returning to the Mitten State the day after Christmas. I'm glad to be making the trip home. I just wish I could afford to stay a bit longer. There is no way I can see all the friends that I'd like to. Basically if you read this and want to see me while I'm in Michigan call me for the 26th or 30th. But quality time with family and Bailey is most important.

1 comment:

Nikki H said...

i better see you...i don't have anything planned...yet.