Monday, December 17, 2007

ghetto-fab

Well I knew it was going to happen eventually. The first day we started at work Helen told us she lived very close by. I simply stated I lived "close", knowing that Helen and I lived only a block or so apart. But sadly I was discovered on Friday and the inevitable occurred...she asked for a ride. I'm sure that this will now continue for the rest of the winter. I now feel guilty about not offering her a ride earlier, except I don't really, I hate talking to her. Ugh.....

She has been showing us what she is bidding for on E-bay. Most of it is clothes she wants for a cruise she will be going on with her family. It is a rule that they wear as many "sparly" items as possible to the "nice" meals on the ship. On viewing pictures of the blouses,skirts and dresses, in my head all I was hearing was the movie Mean Girls, "That is the ugliest f-ing (insert Helen's purchases here) I've ever seen!"

At "ghetto" Price Chopper (much like "ghetto" Meijer, but maybe not as "ghetto") I saw a man fall to the ground unconscious not two feet in front of me. His head knocked loudly on the tile and I saw all of my first aid training flash before my eyes. I got out a good "Call 911!", before the man woke up and stumbled, half falling, out of the store. I was really frightening and I hope I never witness anything like that again. He truly fell straight back like a broom falling to the floor. When I got home I saw an ambulance slowly driving down the road. I'm pretty sure they were looking for a man unconscious in a snow bank.

We had the first two big snow falls this week. They came within a couple days of each other and consumed all media attention. There was a lot of snow, but at GV we got snowfall like that many times each winter. It really didn't phase me too much, and I was hoping for snow before Christmas. I was also hoping that the plowing here was up to snuff, with further worry about the plowing of our parking lot. The side street we live on was 'ok' at best and our lot did get a few decent plows. So that's going for us this winter. A nice neighbor even came over to help me scrap my car and shovel a bit behind my car. Nothing like holiday spirit. The holiday spirit often moves me to wave people into traffic, this is how I build up life-long karma.

1 comment:

Nikki H said...

I will read yours too! i hope i keep my blog going...