Monday, December 24, 2007

And then...

I'm currently sitting at "work" on Christmas Eve. It was generally decided that there was no point in calling anyone today. So no one has done any work what-so-ever. I have surfed the Internet until I could surf no more, finished a magazine and now moved onto a book (and writing this). My co-worker literally has her head down sleeping.

Horrible Helen on the other hand is chattering away to a new victim. She is giving a blow-by-blow account of a trip to Greece. This woman must be able to remember events in such great detail because she recounts them as often as she can. It's really not a bad strategy for remembering things in your life. But she is so damn loud. And it will never end.

She is recounting all the men who hit on her. I'm not sure how much I believe this...

Yesterday we had more people in the apartment than we ever had before (the record prior was about 5 total). I think we reached out maximum last night at 9.

We also had to attempt the mall yesterday to use a coupon that was on the verge of expiration. Good god I hate shopping on the holidays. I quickly remembered that this mob I was trying to walk in, was exactly why I do my shopping in late November and early December. I could feel panicky feelings as I tried to elbow my way to a cash register. Presents are so not worth the hassle of a mall on Dec 23rd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas! Sorry you had to work :/