Monday, April 4, 2011

Watch it

The month of March was full of dog-sitting. I dog, house, and teenager sat for three different families, five dogs, one bunny, and one teenager. Taking care of the teenager was by far the easiest. The dogs were all pretty good. There was only one "accident" inside a house and nobody got loose. There was a ridiculous amount of barking though. Annnnd the bunny bit me. It really hurt. I wore gloves after that when it was feeding time.

I love the side job of dog-sitting (and the cable) but it is exhausting. I was dreaming of my own bed and sleeping in. I really liked having a dog in my family but I now realize that I got the pleasure of sleeping in only because my parents got up and let the dog out.

After about ten years without wearing a watch (other than when I run) I broke down and got one.
It's a perfect teacher watch. I really don't know how I functioned without one before. I look at it all the time.

My only bridesmaid and bff Anna and I have very different taste. This has become amplified by the bridesmaid dress search. It also came to mind when I bought my watch. She recently bought a watch too which is pink with diamonds all around (I'm pretty sure hearts were on there somewhere too). I'm not worried though, since she will look slammin' in whatever she wears to the wedding.


I ran my second 5k last weekend. It was about 25 degrees outside but I felt good. I ran behind local anchor Benita Zahn for about a mile and had the good fortune to watch her leopard print scrunchie the whole time. I'm signed up for a thrid 5k at the end of April and will probably run the huge deal of the Freihofer's Run for Women at the beginning of June.

Ugh the job search continues. There really might only be a handful of jobs for me to apply for in the area. So basically I feel like this all the time:

Dear god just retire, pretty please?

No comments: