Thursday, February 24, 2011

He can't swim!

Winter keeps slogging along here in upstate New York. We had 50-60 degree weather for about 3 days last week and it was a total tease. When the cold came back it felt like a slap in the face. I'm so sick of running on a treadmill in my apartment's sad excuse for a "workout" room. More like a smelly closet with three machines and a tv. Let me outside winter weather!

I'm on a lovely winter break this week from both my master and my elementary school internship (these breaks were nonexistent in MI, I have no idea why). I did a solo week last week at my internship so the break was very much a welcome one. The solo week went well, although I did feel like I was running to keep up a couple times. It feels like the students there are getting used to me and off I go soon (I'm done there next week). Next I will concur middle schoolers.

The break isn't a huge break on the work level. I'm using the pause in homework to catch up on my resume, cover letter, portfolio, online portfolio, LinkedIn account, getting fingerprinted, and going to the dentist. It's been very productive so far.

Brian visited last weekend which was fun as usual. It's good to see him since we def won't see each other next month. I'll be dog/house sitting the whole month for three different families. I met one of the dogs this week, a very friendly Portugese water dog. I feel closer to the Obama's already.

No comments: