Saturday, February 12, 2011

Old School Stuff

I'm in the last weeks of my first student teaching post. I'll be really sad to leave. The school librarian I'm working with is awesome and the library aid is really nice. I'll be sad not to see them every week. Being in an elementary school has changed my outlook on my ideal job. I always thought I would be happiest in a high school library but now I think I might prefer an elementary school. It makes me ridiculously happy to help students find books on what they want: karate, scary stories, chickens, robots, Shiloh, etc. It's pretty great.

I call Brian by his last name all the time. I'm now realizing that I might need to take that down a notch since when we get hitched it will be my name too. Gotta say, I'm a little sad to see my last name go. My initials now are so nice plus they are the same backwards or forwards.

I just started training for another 5k. I have a really hard time committing to running regularly unless there is an end goal to work towards. I think this training will be much easier that the last time since I can actually run for more than 5 minutes now.

1 comment:

Amy Worrel said...

I really want to run, too. I've been thinking lots about finding a 5K to train for, but what I really want to do is a Triathlon...which is so silly because there is no way I can run for as long as you need to in one of those. I wish there was a mini triathlon.