Monday, January 14, 2008

Michigan Primary Tomorrow

So I had a conversation recently with my dad about politics. (Dad, I know you read this...I'm writing about you) If you have ever talked to me about politics and my family, you might know that both my parents are Republican and my grandma Stevens informed me that Stevens are never Democrats (the horror!).

I asked my dad who he was thinking of voting for in Michigan's upcoming primary. He said he was unsure. He liked Huckabee...this didn't catch me off guard. But then he said he was actually considering Obama. Could my father and I actually vote for the same person? Neither of us can actually vote for him in the primary, Obama and Edwards aren't on the ticket. Anyways this was solid proof that Obama can draw voters from a wide field of people.

He said he wouldn't tell me who he voted for...own it Dad. Own it.


I will be voting absentee, a first for me. I always went home to vote in college, it wasn't far. I will miss driving over to the school and saying hello to the old ladies that volunteer there. Most of all, I will miss the "I Voted" sticker.

Work has been pretty intense lately. I've actully had a good deal of work to do. Friday I didn't put down the phone until 4:55 pm. Today I put it down sooner (hense writing the post).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Could you not write Obama in?

Real Good Guac said...

If you are for Obama or Edwards you are told to fill in the "uncomitted" bubble. Kinda weird..