Monday, November 26, 2007

You love it you know-oh

Oh the sweet smooth sound of Al Green. Nothing gets older than the same three songs played on full blast over and over from somewhere close by. Who knows what apartment it comes from or who is playing that smooth sound, but I would appreciate if they kept it to themselves just a bit.

The new job is going pretty smoothly. The most unlikeable thing about it would be one of the other temps that I started with. This woman talks endlessly telling her stories. Stories which her tone would imply are the most amazing thing you ever heard, full of revelations...but in reality, suck balls. I hate her stories. They go on and on. At first I thought it was just me, but now the whole (about five people) office has been chattering about it. The only ally she has is the other temp who likes to encourage her. I try to distance myself from them as much as possible, mostly to avoid being sucked into storyt ime, but we all need to work an the same projects so I get sucked into the vortex.

On a bright side I am very close to being done with Christmas shopping. If I can avoid pulling myself across less slush covered parking lots than I did last year than I have succeeded.

Thanksgiving went well but was a little exhausting. It was wonderful to see some great Fowler friends. Congratulations to our friends Eric and Miriam :)

No comments: