Thursday, August 23, 2007

So Soon

So I'm moving very soon.

I feel some mixed feelings about the change. But mostly I am very excited and hopeful for the future. Myuneasiness comes from the fact that I don't know how I'm making any money once I get there. That's a big deal but I'm trying to be calm about it. I'm sure something/anything will come my way.

I am very sad to be leaving my friends at work. Buuuttttt I am pretty glad to be leaving work otherwise. Yesterday (while I was working) I came up with a new game - "Things I won't miss!".

Things I won't miss!
-Facilitators not picking up crap
-Facilitators messing up on desk
-LeAnne
-Todd
-Teaching people the same thing over and over again
-Small office politics
-Overflowing toilets
-Cleaning puke
-Cleaning
-Cleaning days
-Exhibit load in days
-Exhibit load out days
-The people in charge of loading days
-Stupid volunteers that come to loading days
-Giving volunteers tours
-Doing busy work at my internship
-Doing nothing at my internship (I'm doing that right now)
-Dusting
-Broken exhibits
-Cloud Soaring
-Come on Over! songs
-Guests complaining
-Guests yelling
-Kids screaming
-Witnessing spanking
-Birthday parities
-Birthday party moms
-Spoiled children
-Snotty noses
-Field trip intros
-Field trips coats
-Peed pants
-Wearing clothes that you can't care about (Old Navy)

I know I will miss (most of) the staff, but I am very ready to move on. Five years on the floor of the Children's Museum is enough for me.


On a different note I was a counselor for AAA week at Fowler a couple weeks ago. It was a wonderful experience. I had a great cabin of girls who had a lot of fun together. Being a counselor was really different than being a staff member. I enjoyed it very much and will try to volunteer in the future. I was also able to see that not returning for another year as staff was the right decision. All those people in Pine, I would have gone crazy :) But mostly it was great to see old friends and be at camp again.

1 comment:

Misty said...

So tell me- what did you like about it? haha

I wouldn't last a minute at that place...