Thursday, August 2, 2007

Almost there

Saying bye to a great old friend is hard. But not so hard when you will be a couple hours away in a months time. Considering you both are moving far away from home. It will be a comfort and a blessing to have Anna and Rachel within visiting distance when I move.

Anna and I saw No Reservations. It was pretty good.

For anyone who doesn't know (and if you know me you probably do) I am moving to NY labor day weekend. I was looking forward to change and it looks like I'll be getting it soon.

The Birthday Bash was great. We had over 1,500 people show up just for the evening event. It was 97 degrees that day and I was grouchy in the heat, but through the humidity it was really cool to see the party go so well. We had free food, dancing (I kinda went into Aunt Sandy mode with hand motions), parachute play, obstacle courses, face and banner painting, drawings, etc. I feel really proud to work at the museum some days, and this was one of them.

I have to pack everything tonight to drive out tomorrow morning. Nothing like a 11+ hour drive ahead of you.

No comments: