Monday, August 27, 2007

Keep cool

Packing/moving is taking up most of my thoughts lately. I've packed away most of my clothes in the last couple days. I've always hung up all my clothes, so it was strange to see all the space they took up when folded together in boxes. I may have to downsize my wardrobe even further. In the past its been difficult for me to get ride of clothes (I never outgrown them, they always fit) but in the last year or so I put things in the give-away pile without much remorse.

I've been saying a lot of goodbyes. There is a general feeling in all of them that I am falling off the face of the earth. I guess I kind of am. A 11+ hour drive between place is nothing to scoff at, and Michigan and New York have Canada in between. Its had to say I'll visit when I don't know when. But I will visit eventually.

Our new place will not have cable. Heartbreaking really, I've become pretty addicted to the television this summer. Living in my parent's house hasn't proved very stimulating. I turn to the TV for company most of the time. Luckily my summer favorite Big Brother is on CBS so I can still watch it. I'm sure I'll miss MTV and VH1 the most. I love that crap a little too much.

No comments: