Monday, July 16, 2007

"Jesus Christ"

I'm back in action with a new blog. Xanga and Livejournal were just not doing it for me anymore. I will def try to be more regular about this.

So far it has been a very strange summer for me. I am back with my parents after two years of only coming home for a couple weeks at most. The adjustment was a bit much for me at first. In the Stevens household you need to get used to a constant food shortage and practice not taking the Lord's name in vain. But my plus side is a sizable TV with cable in my large attic bedroom. If I had a hotplate/sink/toilet I might never need to leave my room. The one very unsettling thing about my room is the significant dip in the middle. With my bed where it is I am constantly on the left side, the right side is to far uphill. I seriously think that my room might fall in one of these days and I will end up in a heap under my bedroom rubble in our living room...probably dead or significantly injured.

Speaking of my bed, I don't know if the problem is the incline but I have been having nightmares ever since I came back to my parents. My dreams have always been really wacky (Muppets sometimes show up) but they were never bad dreams before. I don't know what the cure is for nightmares but I need to nip it in the bud.

Work is work. I'm pretty over the museum. I've spent time there regularly since September 2002 and now in July 2007 I'm ready for something new. I thought doing an internship there would help me get excited about the museum again, but instead I think I ended up seeing a side I wasn't expecting.

Usually I'm wary of change but lately it seems to be more and more alluring.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Sandy, love the name of the new blog!

I have one as well: http://lou2mist.blogspot.com/ shhh.. Its a secret!

Nicole said...

Yay sandy! I am excited you are blogging again!

And Misty, I think we knew for a while about that blog...long while...cuz you put a link in your facebook. *covers mouth*

*grin*

Misty said...

Yeah, shit I did, I forgot