Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bigonzo

Today is the tenth anniversary of the Grand Rapids Children's Museum's first day open to the public. We are having $1 dollar admission all day and then a huge party in the park with free admission from 5-8 p.m. Unfortunately I am interning all day and the woman I work for is freaking out about the event. Our event person, who is always calm, cool and collected is off on maternity leave, so Lindsey had to take this one over. Hopefully all will go smoothly, I really have no doubt that it will, it's only three hours.

On a horrible note: my dad has to shave his beard. I might actually have to post some pictures. His job is becoming more service oriented and they are really pushing image, which is not a bad idea, but damn. Everyone has to lose their facial hair. My dad has been bearded my whole life. I cannot imagine how bad this will look. He is going to have a sad half-tan face. He won't look like Dad anymore.

I'm leaving for Fowler on Friday. I'm pretty excited to go out again. Seeing everyone will be great, I've definitely missed their company this summer. Being in a cabin with high school girls will be different, but I look forward to the experience. Plus I get to see Brian, not a bad deal.

Before I leave I have to say goodbye to my good friend Anna. She have left for Seton Hall by the time I get back. Both of us are starting new times in our lives, but the changes are for the best.

No comments: