Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Spreading the cheer out the window

School ended last week which was a huge relief. Even though I only had four classes, as opposed to the five I took on during my first two semesters, the ones I had this semester were more challenging. Sadly I did finish all of my school librarianship class requirements. In my next and final semester I will be completing my last two education courses and two 150 hour internships. I am very excited to start my internships. My first one is under a school librarian who was also my adjunct professor recently, so hopefully I am learning from the best. I'm starting on Jan 3rd, so the winter break will seem shorter this year.

It is very strange to be contemplating graduation yet again. When I graduated from college in 2007 I felt much more unsure of my career path yet the job market was better. Now I feel confident in the direction I am headed and love my chosen focus in librarianship, but the possibility of finding a job seems bleak.

Thanksgiving already seems so far away. I spent the holiday in the Midwest and packed my time full with family and friends. I also completed my first 5k during the Grand Rapids Turkey Trot. Thankfully it was not too cold and I was able to complete the run without walking once (my ultimate goal). Since I've never been an athlete this was a pretty big accomplishment for me. I'll have to find another 5k soon because after I finished, my motivation to run took a nose dive.



Christmas will be upon us soon. I finished my shopping yesterday and today Albany got it's first snow fall. I really needed some snow to get into the spirit, so now I feel much better. Brian will come to visit for the holiday and I am looking forward to some Bri cooking.

No comments: