Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You know you want to be in a calendar

Obv I quit blogging for a bit there. When your stressing about 5 classes and your bf leaving again the blog is the last thing on your mind. But happily the classes are now over and Brian was unexpectedly reassigned to Saratoga for the summer. Having him around will make summer much less boring. We made another list of things to do this summer and have already crossed something off (hiking!).

On a bummer note, my summer six-week Spanish class started last week. The thing is 8 hours a week. Two nights from 6-9:50 p.m. Awful. The teacher is nice and the class isn't too hard. But after work, the last thing I want to do is drive over to the community college in my un-air-conditioned car and take this class. Its pretty hard to swallow since this isn't a class I wanted or a class I really need to graduate. Its a class I have to take since Michigan (and probably every other state) doesn't offer regent scores. Ughhhh. The class is full of 19 year-olds who look like they have laid by the pool all day.

I was able to go to full-time hours at work this summer. I would have found a second job if I had to stay part-time but this is much better. I avoid working in the mall at all costs plus now my nights and weekends are free.

I still feel like I am forgetting something all the time. After a two semesters of plugging away with 5 classes a term and work on the side, I was perpetually busy. I was making to-do lists like mad woman. I tried to make a to-do list last week and it only had 3 things on it...so I really need to embrace the relaxation.

No comments: