Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Why are you screaming?

Brian and I attended two Phish shows this weekend. While my first SPAC Phish show experience last summer left me un-enthused for more (I was body slammed multiple times and stepped on), I was ready to give it a second shot.

After picking Brian up from his corporate jet ride Saturday (true story) we headed off to try and score some tickets since Brian didn't have any for Saturday. As we were pulling in for parking, we were able to buy some from a couple nice guys about our age, for really cheap. As we pulled away we realized that we only gave them half the money we should have. I quickly got out of the car and ran over to them. The guys were so excited I was offered shots of Wild Turkey. Total mistake. I felt gross for a good 20 mins after that. The show was much more enjoyable than I expected. I didn't get body slammed, so that made the night a success. After the intermission a man in front of us stayed sitting as everyone stood up to watch (lawn seats). His head was between his legs so it wasn't until he got up and was dragged away by his girl friend that we realized he had gotten sick and puked right on the ground. Brian spent much of the rest of the evening yelling, "Thrown up! Look out!" at all the people trying to walk around it.

The next day we got there earlier and took a stroll down to the water. As we reached the stream a guy walked over to us and told there was a naked guy being arrested in the water. Sure enough, we could just make out the lower half of his body being held down on the bank further upstream by police. Another dude near us exclaimed, "That must be the same naked guy we saw running in the parking lot!". Well duh, there probably isn't multiple naked guys running around here. The poor crazy naked man had apparently run down to the water and was splashing around happily until the cops came. They came on foot, on horses, on 4-wheelers, and by car all for one naked guy. We were told to clear off, but not before I saw his little legs kicking in the water. The craziness of the night did not stop there. During Phish songs fans are known to throw glow sticks into the air. Hundreds go up at high points in songs which is one of my favorite things about these shows. During one of these glow stick wars someone held up a large cylinder with something lit up at the top like fire. Unlike other New Yorker's I knew immediately what it was. Illegal in New York, but not in Michigan, this guy was ready to shoot off a huge firework straight out of his hand. The thing went off and shot up right over the huge lawn crowd. I was freaking out since that is one of the most dangerous stupid things you can do with fireworks. Luckily it went off correctly and didn't kill this idiot of hurt anyone in the crowd. Obv I need to go to more of these shows just for the weird things that happen.

No comments: