Tuesday, December 8, 2009

You got it, you got it

Thanksgiving was pretty great, at least at first. Brian came to visit and we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with his family. While he was here we went to a Phish concert in town and the next day drove down to the city to see Guster. Guster was amazing (possibly the best concert ever), but when we pulled off the highway back in Albany my car decided to freak out. A thousand dollars and several public transportation trips later, my car works again. I keep saying I want this car to last through grad school , but I don't know if it will make it.

The semester ended for me with my last paper turned in on Sunday. Being done with my first semester of grad school feels like a big accomplishment. I worked pretty hard to complete everything and hopefully I'll get some stellar grades to prove it. Classes don't start up again until January 20th which is a large span of time to be bored. I only work fifteen hours a week at my job, so my daily agenda is wide open. I foresee many hours wasted away watching TV and movies, but mostly reading books. I haven't had a winter break from college since the break of Dec 2006 - Jan 2007, so I'm pretty stoked.

Although I will have lots of free time, I actually have a bunch of things coming up. This weekend I'm headed for NYC for Thuan and Rach's birthdays. The next weekend I'm Milwaukee bound to stay with Brian until we head to Michigan for Christmas and possible Chicago for NYE.

No comments: