Thursday, December 17, 2009

Simply Having a Wonderful...

Going down to the city was fun as always. I took the Megabus down for the first time which worked out well. It was much nicer to read a book and relax then driving down. The only issue I had was with the older man sitting in front of me who asked me to stop talking on my phone since he had a migraine.

Back in Albany I can finally relax a little after the busy semester. Last week I still felt like I should be doing something (a paper), but this week I have been vegging out a lot.

After our young adult literature professor gave a lecture about staying on top of the pop culture that teenagers are into, I compromised my own desires and watched the movie Twilight. Seriously, if any of you were considering the same, stop yourself. I was expecting this movie to be bad, but it was worse than expected. Sadly I will probably compromise my own reading desires and try to read the book. We'll see how that goes.

Tonight I am going to go see Wicked here in town which is very exciting. I have only seen a couple Broadway productions so this is a treat. I read the book and found it annoying after the halfway point. I believe the play differs from the book so I am keeping an open mind.

Saturday I fly to the Midwest for my Milwaukee introduction. I can't wait to see where Brian has been living and meet his roommates. Hopefully in between the holiday festivities we have time to see some of Milwaukee before he moves on to his next assigned city.

No comments: