Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Keep it cool, what's the name of this club?

We had a special election yesterday which Brian and his parents voted in. It was kinda of a big deal with national coverage and all that jazz. A couple weeks ago I found out that two guys I graduated high school with were working on this same campaign for the democratic candidate. I went out to volunteer for a day which was pretty interesting. I was skittish about making phone calls before I got there but I eased into it and it was pretty easy. I was calling those listed on the absentee list, so it was mostly older people who have trouble getting out. Some where nice and some were not. Now this democratic candidate is ahead by 50 something votes and those absentee calls might matter. Like I said to Brian in a close race like this, how can you argue that your vote doesn't matter.

I have been reading all the books that I'd been meaning to read and watching all the movies I'd been meaning to watch. Most have been worth it. Ghost Town not so much.

This past Friday we went to the dinner dance Brian's program puts on every year. The food was awesome but sadly the DJ was not. He decided we loved 90s songs many of us had never heard and played them all night long.

No comments: