Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lucky or Unlucky?

I've got two pieces of news this week:

1) The County of Albany wants me
2) My mouth had turned against me

Lets cover number 1 first. As I have mentioned before in this blog, it has always been a dream (deluded?) to be a part of a jury. I was pretty sad to get my summons for Grand Rapids a couple months ago, which was well past my residency there. But the heavens were listening and I received my jury questionnaire for Albany County yesterday. I haven't even been a resident a year yet. What are the chances!

Next up 2. My whole life I have never once had a cavity. Sadly this fact ceased to be true yesterday when I was informed I had some small decay on a molar. I guess it's my own fault for not seeing a dentist since July 2007. The news made me feel very deflated. I always thought I was impervious in some way to tooth decay.

On a side note: I really enjoy hearing hygentists and doctors talk to each other as they refer to teeth by letters and numbers. They know I have no clue what teeth they are talking about and I like it that way too.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I bet it was diet coke that killed your mouth!